Recognised waste experts from Hones Lawyers
Our lawyers have advised Federal, State and Local Governments, developers, and waste service providers of all sizes on issues related to waste. We recognise that the waste industry is a complex industry, with its own unique issues, economic drivers, and most of all, legal issues.
Our years of experience has given us a deep understanding of the waste industry. We understand how waste facilities operate, and the range of practical and legal issues faced by waste facilities. We know how complex waste supply-chains can be, and the importance of ensuring that waste contracts capture all of the relevant commercial and legal risks.
Our experts have helped clients through a range of issues, including:
- EPA investigations and prosecutions;
- Development consent and licence approvals processes;
- Land and Environment Court appeals;
- Drafting waste tenders and negotiating contracts;
- ACCC authorisations in relation to waste tenders and services;
- Probity issues in relation to waste tenders and contracts;
- Waste contract disputes;
- Operational issues such as resource recovery orders/exemptions, transportation of waste, land application of waste, waste supply chains and ownership issues and C&D waste issues;
- Interstate transport of waste;
- Waste classification and asbestos clearance issues;
- Asbestos waste issues;
- Waste levy issues;
- Compliance with the Protection of the Environment Operations Act and Protection of the Environment Operations (Waste) Regulation 2014;
- New legislation;
- Illegal dumping investigations;
- The Container Deposit Scheme, and negotiations on Refund Sharing Agreements; and
- Issues relating to the use and re-use of stockpiles at development sites.
We have extensive contacts with State and local government regulators, which allows us to obtain the best results for our clients. Our operational knowledge and extensive experience means that you can be confident that we will find the most practical and cost-effective solution to all waste related issues.
For more information on waste call us on 02 9929 3031.