Areas of Expertise
Sophie is a Partner with specialised experience in environmental, planning and local government law, having particular experience in obtaining development approvals and achieving high-value outcomes in compulsory acquisition matters in NSW, often via the Land and Environment Court of NSW.
Sophie has acted predominately for property developers and landowners in relation to planning issues and compulsory acquisition matters.
Sophie’s experience includes:
- Appeals to the Land and Environment Court of NSW in its Class 1 Jurisdiction.
- Representing landowners in relation to Council Orders and prosecutions.
- Advising in relation to the Strata Renewal Process.
- Advising and acting for landowners in relation to complex Class 3 Compulsory Acquisition matters in the Land and Environment Court of NSW.
- Voluntary Planning Agreements.
- Advising and acting in complex easement matters in the Supreme Court of NSW.
- Acting and advising in relation to Class 4 civil enforcement proceedings and Judicial Review proceedings in the Land and Environment Court of NSW.
- Land use and property development – acting for developers, landowners, property investors, and consultants.
Outside of work, Sophie enjoys shopping and coming up with new ways of hiding her purchases from her husband.